With the translation / personalization configuration, there are three directories which are used and impacted within the Eralis Job add-on directory. These directories are:
- The XML directory – A standard Eralis Job directory which holds the XML form files (or screen layouts).
- The en directory – A standard Eralis Job directory which holds the English version of the Eralis_Resource.xml file.
- The language directory that has been created to hold the translated Eralis_Resource.xml file. This directory corresponds to the language that the SAP Business One system is set to and is not a standard Eralis Job directory.
When an upgrade is carried out, the upgrade process will delete all the files in the XML directory, and in the en directory, but leave the files in any custom language directory.
Note: If you have a custom Eralis_Resource.xml file in the en directory altered for personalization purposes, be sure to make a copy of the file BEFORE you do an upgrade or you will lose the work that has been carried out.
The fact that the XML files are deleted is not an issue, as part of the translation upgrade process is to regenerate the XML files based on the altered Eralis_Resource.xml file.
The steps that need to be followed to upgrade your translation are as follows:
- Once you have taken a copy of your altered Eralis_Resource.xml file, upgrade Eralis Job in the normal manner.
- Open the new English Eralis_Resource.xml file in the en sub-directory of the Eralis Job add-on directory.
- Scan the new XML directory for any additional fields or labels that need to be added. For more information on this step please refer to Translation Section.
- Merge the previously altered Eralis_Resource.xml file into the new Eralis_Resource.xml file. This will result in all the altered text being brought into the new Eralis_Resource.xml file, and blank spaces remaining for all the new fields that need to be populated. For more information on merging files please refer to the Merging Files section of this document.
- Save the new Eralis_Resource.xml file (which now contains all the alternate text) into the correct language directory.
- Regenerate the XML files based on the new Eralis_Resource.xml file. For more details on the regeneration of the XML files, please refer to the section on Generating the XML form file.