The Filter Pane allows the user to choose which Subjobs are displayed in the Scheduling Pane and which Resources are displayed in the Resource Pane.
A user can choose to close this pane by clicking on the X in the top right corner of the pane. This will cause the pane to minimize to the left-hand toolbar. In order to re-open the pane, the user will need to click on the Search button in the left-hand toolbar.
The Subjob and Resource buttons on the top right corner of the pane allow you to switch between filtering job resources to be displayed on the Resource Pane, and filtering Subjobs to be displayed on the Scheduling Pane.
The system will remember the settings that a user chooses and apply them the next time the user accesses the scheduling function.
The Resource Filter controls the Resources that are displayed in either the Resource Pane or the Scheduling Pane. Resources can be broken down into two categories:
- Staff Resources
- Job Resources
Staff Resources are all the details entered in the SAP Business One HR module, while Job Resources indicate all the records that have been entered into the Resource Master Data in Eralis Job: Administration > Setup > Job > Staff and Resources > Job Resource.
With both the Staff Resources and Job Resources, there is an overriding filter that is applied directly to the master data record which determines whether or not the record is displayed in the Scheduling module. This filter is the Schedulable field on the Job Cost tab of the SAP Business One HR Employee Master Data, and the Use in Scheduling checkbox on the Eralis Resource Setup form. In both situations, if the value is set to No, the relevant record will not be displayed in the Scheduling Module. The default setting for both the fields is No.
Two options are available to filter the Resources:
- By Branch: Filters Staff Resources based on the Branch field on the Employee Master Data record. Branches are defined within SAP Business One.
- By Group: Applicable to both Staff Resources and Job Resources, this filter lists all the groups that have been created in Eralis Job (Administration > Setup > Job > Staff and Resources > Job Resource Types) and is applied to the Staff Type field on the Job Cost tab of the SAP Business One HR Employee Master Data, and the Resource Type field on the Eralis Resource Setup form.
The Subjob Filter controls the Subjobs that are listed in either the Scheduling Pane or the Resource Pane. There is an override to the Subjob Filter based on the Status of a Subjob. There is a flag in the configuration of the Job Statuses (Administration > Setup > Job > Job Attributes > Job Status) to determine whether a job that is assigned to a particular status can be scheduled. If the status flag Schedulable is set to N, the Subjob will not be displayed in the Scheduling Pane.
The sub-job filters available are:
- Start Date: This filter allows the user to apply a filter for Jobs starting before, between or after a certain date. It is important to note that the From Date and To Date can work independently. The user can enter a From Date without entering a To Date, enter a To Date without entering a From Date or enter both a Start Date and End Date. By leaving a date field blank, the system will ignore the field as a parameter. The filter is applied to the Start Date on the header of the Subjob.
- Branch: This filter displays a list of Branches that have been configured in SAP Business One and allows the user to filter for a particular, or multiple, branches. The filter links directly to the Branch field on the Subjob > General tab.
- Job Type: This filter lists all Job Types that have been configured in Eralis Job and links directly to the Job Type field on the Subjob Master screen.
- Category: This filter lists all the Job Categories that have been configured in Eralis Job and links directly to the Job Category field on the Subjob Master screen.
- Entered By: This filter lists all the HR Records in SAP Business One that have Subjobs assigned to them, or, are marked to be in the Enabled By list via the In Enabled By field on the Job Cost tab of the Employee Master Data.
The Show Non-productive Jobs on the Filter Pane relates to the Subjobs that have been defined in the setup of the Non-productive Categories. Without this option enabled, the Subjobs that have been identified in the non-productive categories will not be displayed in the list of Subjobs, even if they meet all the filter criteria specified. The system will ignore the non-productive Jobs in the job scheduling list, unless the option to Show Non-productive Jobs is enabled.
The ability to show the non-productive Jobs on the main scheduling screen gives project managers the ability to allocate staff to these jobs as they become aware of the need. For example, if a staff member calls in sick, the project manager can use the Job Scheduling screen to allocate that person to the sick leave Subjob. This entry will then be displayed in the Non-productive Scheduling screen.