The other field options on the Direct Time Entry screen include:
- Reference – This field is used when working with draft batches. It allows the user to add a reference header to the timesheet batch.
- Search Staff By – This field allows the user to select a search method for employees. There are three options available in the drop-down list:
- Employee ID – The system can define the employee when their employee ID is entered on the line.
- First Name – Allows the system to search for an employee based on their first name. This is especially useful if the user does not know the employee’s full name. When an employee’s first name is entered into a line in the Staff column, the system will identify that employee.
- Last Name – Allows the system to search for an employee based on their last name. This is especially useful if the user does not know the employee’s full name. When an employee’s last name is entered into a line in the Staff column, the system will identify that employee.
These options allow the user to search for staff efficiently based on the information that is readily available to them. Please note that this is a user by user setup.
- Auto Edit Notes – The main Notes field allows the user to input extended narratives relating to the work that was carried out. This information can then be printed off on invoices or other documents. This form will automatically open when the user clicks on a line in the Notes column. However, when Auto Edit Notes is enabled, the form will open when the user tabs into the Notes field. This eliminates the need to use the mouse to click into the Notes section.
- Print Document on Add – When a document is added, the system will ask whether the document is to be printed when this option is enabled.
- Form Settings – This allows the user to adjust the layout of the form. For example, the user can choose to hide or display certain columns.
Article is closed for comments.