The Import button on the Serial Number Selection screens is used to import serial numbers. This functionality is available in all versions of Eralis Job from the 8.81.200 release.
The Eralis Serial Number Selection screen is used on the following transactions where serial tracked items are involved:
- The Direct Material Entry screen
- Picking items from the Stock Check Processing screen
- Generating an A/R invoice from the Invoice tab of the Master Job
- Doing a split line process from the Invoice tab of the Master Job
- Entering transactions via the Job Card Entry screen
- Processing transfers via the Bulk Transfer screen (available in the 8.81.200 version)
The Serial Number Import functionality allows the user to enter the Item Code and Serial Number into an Excel spreadsheet, then import the spreadsheet into the Serial Number Selection form.
During the import, the system will validate the serial numbers that are being imported against a number of criteria including:
- Whether the serial number exists in SAP Business One
- Whether the serial number is in the correct warehouse
- Whether or not the serial number is allocated to another Job
- Whether there are too many serial numbers in the import batch based on the quantity of the source transaction
The valid serial numbers are then automatically moved from the available Serial Number grid to the selected Serial Number grid in the same way that they would move if the user was selecting the serial numbers manually.
Where an import of serial numbers has occurred, the user is still able to use the manual controls to adjust the serial numbers. This includes moving selected serial numbers back to the available Serial Number grid or selecting additional serial numbers from the available Serial Number grid.
The utility is designed to assist in situations where there are many serial numbers included in transactions, especially where the serial numbers may be recorded via a scanning facility.