Generally, A/P processing uses the standard SAP Business One Accounts Payable document, but there are extra UDFs (User Defined Fields) that have been added. To process Accounts Payable documents, the user must at least have a transactional license for Eralis Job.
Integrating the A/P documents with a job requires that three fields are populated on the rows of the A/P marketing document:
- Project Code – This is the standard SAP Business One project code that is created when a job is created in Eralis Job. In most situations, the Project Code and the Job ID are the same. However, there is a configuration which allows the Master Job ID and the Project Code to be different.
- Subjob ID – This is a UDF that is added by Eralis Job.
- Warehouse – This must be set to the work-in-progress warehouse associated to Eralis Job.
Note: The Project Code and Warehouse fields are not automatically visible in the standard SAP Business One form settings. It is important to go through the form settings to ensure that these mandatory fields are made visible.
Additional UDFs are also added to the A/P document rows for information specific to Eralis Job:
- Activity – This will link to an activity which can impact the pricing in Eralis Job.
- Job Costing Line Sequence Number – This field identifies which job line is associated with a particular A/P line.
- Analysis 1&2 – These hold specific analysis code values.
- Job Note – For entering extended job notes.
- Non-chargeable – To indicate whether a line is chargeable or not chargeable.
Values entered in these fields will be copied through to the relevant fields on the job line.
UDFs can also be created on the marketing document rows and the Joblines table that have the same name and data structure (through the UDF setup function in Eralis Job). The information from these fields will be automatically copied into the relevant transaction lines.
It is also important to note that Eralis Job only supports Item Based marketing documents, not Service Type documents. However, the Item Codes that are used on the documents can be either inventory or non-inventory codes. All job transactions generated from A/P are designated as line type M transactions (materials/expenses).