The actual process of generating an invoice requires the following steps:
- Open the Master Job that is to be invoiced, and select the Job Line Processing tab.
- Filter the transactions displayed on the Job Line Processing tab so that only the required transactions are displayed.
- Change the status of the lines to be invoiced to Ready to Process. This can be done one line at a time, or all lines can be updated at once using the Update Line Status function. If required, the status can be re-set to Entered if the line is no longer required.
- Update the line details required for invoicing. The changes that are applied, especially relating to pricing and GL codes, should be the exception. The user should not be required to populate these on every line as pricing can be automatically set based on price lists and GL codes can be set based on different rules. Line updates can include:
- Changing the quantity to be invoiced (the quantity can only be reduced, the system will not allow a quantity greater than the line quantity to be invoiced out)
- Changing the pricing
- Changing the GL codes to be used
- Choose the invoicing routine required from the drop-down list. The available options being:
- Invoice Job Lines
- Invoice with Under / Over Recovery
- Invoice with Pro-rata
- Click on the Process button.
- If a fixed price invoice routine has been selected, the user will need to enter the invoice value.
- When prompted, choose to print out an invoice document if required. The system will display a list of invoice layouts that have been configured in the Invoice Form File List on the Forms tab of the Eralis Job System Initialization window.
Note: Although the SAP Business One invoice will display all the lines from Eralis Job that have been marked as Ready to Process and included in the invoice, not all these details need to be printed out on the invoice document. The system caters for multiple invoice layouts, some of which can be used to consolidate transactions based on Line Types, Analysis Codes, etc. and display totals based on these groups rather than details of all the transactions.