Within SAP Business One, the standard GL determination options include By Warehouse, By Item, or By Item Group. Eralis Job provides the user with the ability to define their sales and cost of sales by Job Type or other methods. Each job line entered into the system will have a Sales GL code as well as a Cost of Sales GL code. When the system raises an A/R Invoice, it will look at the individual job lines to check if the Sales or Cost of Sales account has been specified. If the account has been specified, the system will use those codes to process that job line, so the Sales value and Cost of Sales value will be posted to the relevant GL accounts. If the account has not been specified, the system will refer to the Master Job. On the Accounting tab in the Master Job there are three accounts that are mandatory fields:
- Default Sales account
- Default Cost of Sales account
- Default Recovery account
The Sales and Cost of Sales accounts will be set to a default based on the Job Type that is selected. When a Job Type is selected, these values can be set as default or they can be entered manually.
Populating the Sales and Cost of Sales accounts on the job lines can be done in three ways:
- Manually – Every time you enter a job line, you can specify what the Sales and Cost of Sales accounts are. This would not be the first option as it would become difficult to maintain.
- Eralis Job System Initialization – There is an option within the System Initialization screen that allows you to define the GL determination for Eralis Job. The options are available by Job Type or Item Determination.
- If the value is set to Job Type, no values will be populated on the job lines because everything will work according to the default accounts on the header of the Master Job.
- If the value is set to Item Determination, the values on the job lines will populate automatically. Please note that setting the system to Item Determination is not the same as the SAP Business One GL determination By Item. Setting the system to GL determination by Item Determination means that the system will look back to the Item Code, identify the way the Item Code is set, and pick up the Sales and Cost of Sales accounts accordingly.
- Custom Rules – Custom rules can be created for the customer based on database triggers, where the Sales and Cost of Sales can be populated based on the requirements for that specific site.