When a user tries to run a report or form that has been written using the Report Writer, they get an error message:
Exception EOleException in module EnpriseReportViewer.exe at 000DDFA.
Login failed for user 'xxx' [/i]
This indicates an error with the connection details that are being passed through to the report viewer, especially in relation to the SQL connection credentials.
When an Report Writer based report or form is run, the system will launch the EnpriseReportViewer.exe (based on the path set on the Forms tab of Eralis Job System Initialization) and pass the following parameters:
- The SQL server name (this is determined based on the current SAP Business One connection setup)
- The database name (again determined based on the SAP Business One connection details)
- The SQL usernames and password (determined using the Eralis connection settings that were established using the Eralis_Setpassword.exe utility)
- The report path and name
As mentioned, the error above specifically relates to the SQL connection details. Please be aware of the following:
- The connection details must use a specific SQL user. Trusted connections are not supported.
- The SQL username must not contain any spaces. The name must all be a single word.
In order to alter the SQL connection details, the user will need to run the Eralis_Setpassword.exec utility for the specific Eralis application. This utility can be found in the Add-On folder which is generally located in the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One\AddOns\Eralis Software\<<Product Name>>
Please review associated threads on the Eralis_Setpassword.exe utility and on the report viewer in general.