The setup for resources can be accessed from the Job Resources menu item. This screen is used to setup all job resource assets owned by the company.
There are several key items that are required for setup:
- The Resource Number field is a unique reference number that needs to be allocated to each of the assets that are created.
- The Asset Number field is used to link the resource within Eralis Job to either a fixed asset record in a fixed asset system, or to a Customer Equipment Card record. The purpose behind this is to link the resource, which essentially generates the billing and revenue for the asset, to other areas of the system that may collect the costs associated to the asset. This allows the company to generate a true profitability of the asset.
- The Name field is simply a UDF (User Defined Field) name for the resource.
- The Charge-out Rate field is the unit selling price for that asset based on the unit of measure associated to that item. This value will only be used when Eralis Job is configured to use the employee and resource charge-out rate and not the rate applied to the item code.
- The Default Item Number field is used to speed up data entry. This code will automatically be inserted into the timesheet record when this resource is entered. The item code, which is a standard SAP Business One item code, must be configured as a non-inventory item code. Depending on the setup of the system, this item code can be used to determine the charge-out rate and cost rate. Within the Eralis Job system initialization setup, the company has the option to determine the charge-out rate or the cost rate from either the staff member or resource record, or to base the rates on the item code used on the transaction.
- The Standard Cost is the unit cost rate applicable to the asset’s unit of measure that will be applied to the timesheet transactions for that resource.
- The Branch field is linked to the branches that are setup against the user defaults within SAP Business One. Branches can be used to separate resources between different physical locations and is a filter that can be applied in the scheduling tool within Eralis Job.
- The Cost Center field links directly to the standard SAP Business One cost centers. By adding a cost center to the resource, all transactions associated with the resource, including financial journals, will be tagged with that cost center.
- The Active flag, as the name implies is used to indicate whether the resource is active or not. Transactions cannot be recorded against inactive resources.
- The Resource Type field is used to group resources together. The resource types are used as a grouping structure for the graphical scheduling tool within Eralis Job.
- The Scheduling flag indicates whether a resource is available for scheduling. If this field does not contain a checkmark, the item will not be displayed in the resources pane of the graphical scheduling tool.
- The MSP Resource ID field plays a part in the integration that can be carried out when using the Microsoft Project Integration. Each resource is published to a Microsoft Project resource pool and Eralis Job tracks the identity of the asset in the resource pool.
- The Send to MSP button is only available if the integration to Microsoft Project is enabled. The button will use a bulk process to publish any new resources that have been created inside Eralis Job, but not yet synchronized to the Microsoft Project pool.
Article is closed for comments.