Rental Equipment Items in Eralis Rent.
Rental Equipment Item Master
Rental Equipment Items can be created from the main Eralis Rent menu (Modules > Eralis Rent > Rental Equipment), using the standard SAP Business One Add mode. The window will open in Find mode by default, allowing the user to search for and select an existing record. Simply switch the form to Add mode to create a new record.
If you want to base the Rental Equipment Item on a Customer Equipment Card, the first step is to search in the Serial Number field to choose the required Customer Equipment Card, which will define the Item Code. If you want to base the Rental Equipment Item on an Item Code, select the reference Item Code directly from the Item Number field. Once the user has selected either the Customer Equipment Card or the Item Code, there are a few mandatory fields that must be populated. These fields include:
- Equipment Group: This field must be selected. It will then set the default billing code and General Ledger codes. If you choose not to populate these fields with the default values, then the user will need to set these values manually as these fields are also mandatory to the setup of the Rental Equipment Item.
- Equipment ID: Must be populated with a unique value. This is the value that will be displayed when users search for an item in the various transaction screens. As a result, it must be a meaningful and relevant value. If the Rental Equipment Item is based on an inventory item, it is recommended that the Item Code is used for this value. However, if the Rental Equipment Item is based on a Customer Equipment Card, it is recommended that the serial number is used for the Equipment ID.
- Rental Cost Frequency: A Rental Cost Frequency must be set. However, the Rental Cost field can be left at zero if cost processing is not required. The options for Rental Cost Frequency include:
- 4 Weekly
- Set as Default: A default frequency must be set for the Rental Equipment Item.
Once these fields have been set, the Rental Equipment Item can be added.
SAP Business One Item Master
Rental Equipment Items can also be created or edited directly from the SAP Business One Item Master screen. Once the user has selected the base record, clicking on the Rent Details button will do one of two things:
- If the rental equipment record does not exist, the Rental Equipment form will open in Add mode. The basic details that can be derived from the base SAP Business One document will be automatically populated. Then the user can add any additional information that is required, and add the record to create a new Rental Equipment Item.
Note: The mandatory fields defined above must be populated.
- If the Rental Equipment Item has already been created, the system will allow the user to edit the details in the Rental Equipment screen.
Customer Equipment Card
Rental Equipment Items can also be created or edited from the Customer Equipment Card screen, following the same steps outlined in the section above (SAP Business One Item Master).