There are various ways that data can be entered into a quote:
- Manual data entry – The data for the quote will be manually entered into the system.
- Copy from Excel – Using the standard Windows copy and paste function within Excel, you can highlight the information and paste it directly into Eralis Job. The first row of the spreadsheet must contain the column names of the visible column names that the information needs to be pasted into. Please note that the order of the columns does not matter, but the headers in Excel must match the headers in Eralis Job. At a minimum, the spreadsheet must contain the Item Code as well as the Quantity.
- Import from a previous job – If the work being done is similar in nature to a previous job, you can bring the previous information through and update it accordingly. Once the import has been completed, there is no link to the source job. This means that changes can be made without impacting the previous job.
- Import from SAP Business One Quote – This type of import is particularly useful for sales people who are on the road or people who do not have any other interaction within Eralis Job. In this case, you can create the quote inside core SAP Business One, which can then be brought onto the job. The quote details for that job are then available to work with. Users importing from a quote do not require licensing for Eralis Job. The necessary changes can then be made to the information once the import is complete.
- Quote to Job – This option allows for the creation of a new job or subjob based on the quote that has been created in SAP Business One. On the quote, there is a new button which allows you to push the quote details through to the job. The quote can be copied multiple times to different jobs.