With the installation of Eralis Job, several UDFs (user defined fields) are automatically created against the standard SAP Business One marketing documents. These UDFs are attached to both the document rows as well as the actual header of the marketing document. Due to the way that SAP Business One manages the UDFs on marketing documents, not all the UDFs are relevant for some transactions. They do however appear on all the marketing documents.
We will use the A/P purchase order as an example. On the rows of marketing documents there are a total of eight UDFs that are created as standard by Eralis Job. These UDFs are:
- Activity - This field is used to link the transaction through to an activity associated with a job.
- Job Costing Line Sequence No. - This field is a system controlled field and is used to hold the Eralis Job line number for the job line that is created based on the transaction. This field can be hidden from the grid in most forms as there few scenarios where the user needs to populate this field. This field would be left blank on several documents as it is only used in a few transactions.
- Job Costing Subjob – This UDF is an extremely important field and one which should be displayed on all the marketing document forms. This field displays the subjob ID that the transaction is linked to and it is mandatory in the A/P documents to populate this field to link a transaction to a job.
- Analysis 1/Analysis 2 - These fields are the standard analysis fields that are available within all Eralis Job transactions. These fields are not mandatory, but can be populated in several ways.
- Eralis Job will populate these fields if the marketing document is being created by Eralis Job and the source job line has values in the analysis code fields.
- Eralis Job will automatically update the field values on certain marketing documents. This will occur when the user links the transaction to a job, and when the item master of the default Analysis 1 and Analysis 2 fields have been set.
- These fields can be populated manually. Formatted searches, which can be accessed by the Shift + F2 keystrokes, are added to the fields to make the lookup easier.
- Job Note - This field is used for holding job related notes for the line. If the marketing document has been created by Eralis Job then the notes on the source job lines will automatically be passed through to this field. If the document is going to create job transactions, then this value will be passed through to the notes field on the job line.
- Non-chargeable - This field is linked to the job lines. Once again, if the marketing document is created by Eralis Job, then this value will be set based on the source job line. If the marketing document will create job transactions, then this value will be passed through to the job lines that are created. These UDFs will also be set automatically based on the usual Eralis Job non-chargeable rules. If an item is added to a document and the UDF on the item code is set to default non-chargeable, then the field will be set accordingly. The non-chargeable field has a different impact on different marketing documents. With an A/P document, it merely updates the field and will pass it through to the job line. On an A/R document, it will set the discount on the line to 100% as well as pass through to the job line. This is especially relevant in the case of an A/R quote.
- Price After Discount - This field is used in a very specific scenario related to goods returns and Eralis contracts, and holds the price after discount on the job lines as at the time the process contract was run.
Several UDFs are automatically created by Eralis Job on the headers of the marketing documents. These UDFs are different because at no stage should a user need to populate/update the values in the field. Unless other UDFs have been created, the UDF section of the marketing document form can be hidden. The UDFs that have been added are:
- The Job or Subjob ID field identifies the source job or subjob from which the documents originated.
- The Job or Subjob field indicates whether it is from a job or subjob.
- The From Jobcard field indicates if the document was generated from the job card entry screen
- The Goods Receipt field indicates the goods receipt number.
- The Eralis Object Type field reflects the internal object code for different types of job transactions.
- The Service Contract ID field holds the service contract ID when the document is created from a job linked to a service contract.
- The Source Transaction field is used as a filter in different parts of the system to identify the source of the transaction and filter transactions from different forms.
It is recommended that these fields should be changed or updated by the user.