The employee master data is an integral part of Eralis Job as it holds the key information for staff timesheet entry and staff scheduling purposes. For this reason, there have been several changes including the addition of a new tab onto the form, UDFs (User Defined Fields) and two buttons. Please note that for older versions of Eralis Job, no tab was added to the form, instead the fields were displayed in the normal UDFs area.
The new fields default to being displayed in the new tab Job Cost, and are used for tracking several different data elements required for staff timesheet entries. Please note that this tab will only be visible when Eralis Job is running, and the user may need to expand the window in order to view the tab.
- The Charge Rate field is used to define the employees hourly charge-out rate. This field is only used when Eralis Job is configured to use the Employee/Resource charge-out rate on the Timesheets tab of the Eralis Job system initialization form.
- The Standard Cost field is used to hold the employees hourly standard cost rate. The value in this field is only used when Eralis Job is not configured to use staff and resource costs from the item code in the Eralis Job system initialization screen.
- The MSP Resource ID plays a part in the integration that can be carried out when using the Microsoft Project integration. Each resource is published through to a Microsoft Project resource pool and Eralis Job tracks the identity of assets in the resource pool.
- The Staff Type field is a link to the values defined under the Eralis Setup section for the Job Resource Types. Resource types are used for grouping resources and play an important part in the job scheduling tools available within Eralis Job.
- The Schedulable field is used to determine whether the employee can be scheduled. Staff that are not set to schedulable will not appear in the scheduling tools.
- Schedulable Priority is a field that is no longer used. It was added as part of a scheduling tool written into the web based Eralis Service Pro to rank resources, but has no impact on the Job Scheduling that is now in the core Eralis Job application.
- The Default Stock Code field is used to indicate a non-inventory item code that will be defaulted into a timesheet entry. Item codes in timesheet entry are used to identify different categories of work carried out. If an employee regularly only carries out a certain type of work, or the differentiation of work is not important to the company, then by adding a default item code the data entry function for timesheet can be enhanced.
- The In Entered By field in Eralis Job is generally used to identify the project manager responsible for the job and can be used as a filter on the My Jobs form. The In Entered By field controls which employees are displayed in the Entered By search lists and filters. This helps to reduce the number of records displayed.
- The Cost Center fields (financial dimensions) relate to cost centers within SAP Business One, and is used to identify which cost center the employee is linked to. Eralis Job will add these dimensions automatically to all timesheet entries for this employee.
- The Default Job Status, Default Job Type, and Default Job Category fields are optional and if defined will over-ride the Job Default Settings in System Initialization.
Two buttons are added to the employee master data form. The first button on the Job Cost tab controls the staff members working schedule. By clicking on the Scheduling Setup button, the system will open the staff scheduling screen to allow specific working hours for a staff member to be defined. These working hour definitions are used by the core scheduling tool in the calculations of who is available and what their available time and allocation levels are. The second button that is added is the Send to MSP button. This button is only available if the integration to Microsoft Project is enabled in the Eralis Job system initialization form. The purpose of this button is to allow new staff members that are created to easily be pushed through into the Microsoft project resource pool.
Please note that timesheet entries are also used for other resources (non-human assets) used on a job. The options discussed above also apply to resources and are found under Administration – Setup – Eralis Job – Staff and Resources – Job Resources.