Contracts can be manually created by clicking on the You can Also button in the footer of the Master Job screen then choosing Access Job Contact. If no contract exists for the Job, the Contract Master screen will open in Add mode. If a contract does exist, the form will be opened with the related contract details.
The system allows extra fields to be added to both the header and contract phase lines.
Once the Contract has been added and closed the main Contract screen the header of the Master Job will be refreshed to show that there is a Contract assigned to the Job.
Note: Only one contract can exist against a Job.
|Contract Code||This mandatory field is pre-populated by the system to display a company related reference code for the contract. The user can alter the default code at any stage during the course of the contract.|
|Title||A mandatory field to provide a descriptive name for the contract. This field is limited to 100 characters.|
|Description||Allows the user to provide additional details about the contract. This field is limited to 300 characters.|
|Start Date||A required field indicating the start date of the contract.|
|End Date||Indicates the contract end date.|
|Entered By||A mandatory field that identifies the person responsible for the contract.|
|Consolidate Phases to One Invoice||With this option checked, the system will include all phase lines on the same invoice. If the option is left unchecked, each phase line will represent an individual invoice.|
|Force Contract Invoicing Only||With this option checked, the system will prevent other Job invoicing routines on the contract.|
|Contract Complete||This checkbox and the related Posting Date use the contract completion processing to reconcile the deferred income account.|
|Exclude Processed Lines||With this option checked, phase lines that have been fully invoiced will be removed from the grid.|
Contract Details Grid
The Contract Details grid allows the user to enter the billing phases or milestones that have been outlined in the contract. The user can define a reference phase associated to each billing line. These contract phases are created in the setup area of Eralis Job. The user can provide a description of the phase, as well as enter dates related to the phase. These dates do not force any processing but can be used to trigger alerts to identify phases that may be due for invoicing. The user can identify the value of the phase in any retention or variation that may be associated to the phase.
The second grid on the form relates to any retentions that may be associated to the contract.
The form footer contains a summary of Job and Contract totals. User Defined Fields can also be added to the Contract.
Copy Job / Contract
The second way to create a Job Contract is by copying an existing Job that includes a Contract. This will replicate both the Master Job details and the Contract details.
- In the My Jobs screen, select the Master Job you want to copy. Ensure that you have selected the Master Job line and not a Subjob line, as the copy options differ between Job levels.
- Click on the Copy button in the form footer.
- In the Copy Job window, select the desired copy options. Note that the last two options—Copy Job Contract and Copy Job Contract Values—are directly related to copying the Contract details from the source Job.
- Click OK. The new Job, with the associated Contract, will be created and will now appear in the list of Jobs on the My Jobs screen.
Note: Although the new Job / Contract were copied from an existing Job / Contract, there is no link between the source Job / Contract and the new Job / Contract. Both the new and source Jobs / Contracts can be altered without impacting on the other.
You can access the Contract directly from the My Jobs screen by clicking on the golden arrow next to the Contract in the grid.
Quote to Contract
Job Contracts can also be created using the Quote to Contract function. This is run from the Quote tab on the Master Job and uses the details of the quote to create the details of the Contract. This relates to building the billing phase line information in the Contract.
- On the Quote tab of the Master Job, enter the required quote lines for time, materials and resources (if not already done).
- Click the Quote to Contract button in the form footer.
- In the Quote to Contract window, complete the necessary fields to control how the Contract will be created.
The Estimate Lines Filters section allows you to filter out quote lines that are not required as part of the Contract. Filtering options exist for Subjob and line details. When the process is run, any lines that meet the filter criteria will be excluded.
The Add Quote Lines By section determines how the system will create the phase lines in the Contract. The quote may contain a number of lines, but the billing contract does not necessarily reflect each quote line. Therefore, the following options are available:
- Generate one single Contract phase line with a sales total that equals the sum of all included lines.
- Choose up to two levels of grouping based on Analysis Codes, Item Codes, Line Types, or Subjobs. Each quote line will be copied through as a Contract phase line.
- Click OK. The system will create the necessary phases based on the selected group options. Once the phase lines have been created, the user still has the option to alter the phase details if necessary.
- Before the Contract can be added, the user must set the Phase Category on each created phase line. The Set All Phases button can be used to set the phase lines in bulk.
- Click the Add button in the form footer to create the Contract.