The UDFs (User Defined Fields) in Eralis Job are generally very similar to those in SAP Business One. This allows companies to record additional information that may not be tracked in the standard system. Within Eralis Job, UDFs can be added to:
- Master jobs
- Job lines
- The header of the job contracts form
- Job contract phase lines
Jobs and Subjobs
You can position 10 UDFs directly on the header of the job and subjob forms. The position of these UDFs is determined when they are created, but can be edited at a later stage. It is up to the company to determine how they want to position the fields.
If you create more than 10 UDFs, a new tab called User Defined Fields will appear on the job or subjob form. You can set the preferred order of these fields based on your requirements. Fields on this tab can also be allocated to categories. The system will only display UDFs that are assigned to the selected group.
Job Contracts Header
You can add up to 5 UDFs directly to the header of the contract form. Any additional UDFs from the contract header will be assigned to the User Defined Fields tab.
Job or Contract Line
When UDFs are added to job or contract lines, their position on the grid is controlled by the form settings rather than the configuration setup in UDFs. This allows the order to be set differently for different entry screens. UDFs that are added to the job lines are then only available on the following data entry screens:
- Direct material form for timesheet entry
- Direct material form for entering material used on a job
- Job card entry form for entering a combination of time, materials and resources used against a subjob
- Reimbursable expenses processing form for expenses entered via Eralis Anywhere
- Quote grid within a subjob
UDFs added to the contract lines are then available on the phases grid of the contract form.
Values entered into line or row UDFs in SAP Business One and Eralis Job can be automatically passed between the two areas of the system. The first instance where this would occur is when generating an A/R invoice out of Eralis Job. The row UDF values can be passed through to the row UDFs on the SAP Business One invoice lines. Additionally, when an A/P transaction generates a transaction inside Eralis Job, UDF values entered on the A/P rows can be passed through to the resulting job line.
To have UDF field values automatically transfer in other situations:
- The UDF fields must have the same name. This refers to the actual field name in the database and not the displayed name on the grid header. Within SAP Business One, this ties into the Title field on the UDF Setup screen. Within Eralis Job it ties into the field on the UDF Setup screen. Both SAP Business One and Eralis Job will automatically add the U_ prefix to the names entered.
- The field types must be set as the same data type.
- The field sizes must be the same. For numerical fields this will automatically be the case if the field type is the same. This is relevant when creating an alphanumeric field which allows the field size to be set.
Note: This only works with UDFs created on the lines of documents, not header UDFs.
It is important to be aware of these requirements when creating the UDFs in either area of the system. Once the fields have been created, the required values cannot be changed without deleting the field, losing the data entered and re-creating a new field.
Article is closed for comments.