There is a file in a temp directory that SAP Business One uses to run add-ons. This folder is called SM_OBS_DLL and is checked by SAP Business One before the add-on is started.
As such, Eralis add-ons create some files within this temp folder for the local profile of the user.
There are a few reasons why this may happen:
- If you do an Internet Explorer update or .net update which cleans the cache while an SAP Business One process is open, it deletes some of the files but some of the files are locked and cannot be deleted.
- Another process that may cause this is users that dial in to Cisco VPN sites which use anyconnect, and these sites delete the temp folders on exit by policy (the other end requires this and as such this behavior cannot be changed).
When an Eralis add-on starts up it tries to recopy the files which now aren’t there, resulting in the issue when trying to connect the add-on.
To resolve this error, please do the following:
- Check that the latest version of the DI API is installed on the client machine. Go to: C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One DI API\DI API 88\SAPbobsCOM88.dll
- Right click on the file and select properties.
- Go to the Version tab. The File Version field should show the SAP Business One version.
- To find the patch level, scroll down the Item Name area and click on Special Build Description – the value in this field will show the patch level.
- If this is the same as the SAP Business One version installed, then this is fine and there is no need to uninstall.
- Locate the temp folder by going to Start > Run and type %temp% (the directory will be something like this: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp).
- Go to the SM_OBS_DLL folder and rename it.
- If the DI API version is different from the SAP Business One version that is installed, then you will need to uninstall the DI API from Add/Remove Programs.
- Install the DI API from the latest patch.
- Connect to the add-on again and the SM_OBS_DLL folder will be recreated and replaced with the latest version.
This should resolve the issue but please be aware that the files are in the local users profile which means that this will need to be done for each user that is getting the error.